Tehran Province Charitable Ladies Society
Coinciding with start of the work of the sanitorium in Tehran by Dr. Hakimzadeh, with high aspirations, Ms. Ashraf Ghandehari (Bahadorzadeh) and other compassionate women formed Tehran Province Charitable Ladies Society and began their work. Today, with an army of more than 3,000 volunteers, this group engages in a wide range of activities from organizing fundraising bazaars, participating in fairs and expos, attending conferences on aging, disability and management to provision of health, educational and economic services. They work tirelessly to support the patients and resident of the sanitorium. 560 women and 250 men work as volunteers each week to assist in cultural, recreational and educational activities as well as personal needs such as bathing and feeding of the disabled, elderly and MS patients.
This group was selected as an NGO to be the special consultant to the United Nation’s Economic & Social Council in 1998.
Some of the group’s international work includes:
- Contact with UN and other diplomatic missions in Iran to promote Kahrizak
- Attending international conferences and seminars related to aging, disability and MS
- Forming Aging Council in the Iranian Parliament
- Putting forth the proposal for creating a geriatric medicine field of study at medical universities
Tehran Province Charitable Ladies Society Bank Account
- Sepah Bank – Account No. 1489/86, Shemiran Branch, Code 192
Address: Address: No. 3, Setareh Lane, Bagh Ferdows, Vali Asr Ave., Tehran 19617